The V3,designed by Karl Fischer, will be built to accommodate 90,000 sq ft. that's 180 “high-end, amenity rich” rooms.
"The 180-room new hotel is one of at least seven planned for Downtown Brooklyn. On Oct. 31, the Eagle broke the news about the new Holiday Inn planned for 300 Schermerhorn St. (see list below). At a Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce forum on Oct. 16, moderator Joe Chan, president of the Downtown Brooklyn Partnership, reported that there are 1,250 hotel rooms currently under development in Downtown Brooklyn. The list of hotel rooms that follows raises that total to 1,950 and it doesn’t include the 100-200 hotel rooms that have been discussed for Brooklyn Bridge Park, near Pier 1; or the 48 rooms — in the works for some time — at 262-276 Atlantic Ave. near Boerum Place, which so far have been denied a variance.
Known Hotels in Development
• The Smith, 75 Smith St., 93 rooms. Boymelgreen Developers and Meltzer/Mandl Architects.
• 32-38 Nevins St., 180-200 rooms. McSam Hotel Group with Michael Kang Architect.
• Cambria Suites 75 Schermerhorn St., 300 rooms. Choice Hotels and Perkins Eastman Architects.
• Hotel Indigo, 237 Duffield, 180 rooms. V3 Hotel Management and Karl Fischer Architect.
• Holiday Inn, 300 Schermerhorn, 250 rooms. Tyler Hospitality and Gene Kaufman Architect.
• NY Marriott at Brooklyn Bridge Expansion, 333 Adams St., 280 rooms (already open). Muss Development and William B. Tabler Architects.
• Sheraton/Aloft, 216 Duffield, 500 rooms combined. The Lam Group and Gene Kaufman Architects.
• Atlantic Yards’ Miss Brooklyn, 150 rooms. Forest City Ratner and Frank Gehry Architect." (Brooklyn Daily Eagle excerpt)